Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

the Dream..

4 days of Slight Fever, body ache, and colds is not really very funny. Especially if you have a lot of things to do and a lot of money that needs to be earned. My 2 days off had passed and I even wasn't able to do anything productive, adding to my misery is another 2 days of unpaid leave.. hence the 4 days of the love-my-bed-forever existence. 

The best thing  got from these days was I had pertinent excuse to just lie down and watch all the movies that I have been dying to see. Read the books and magazines that I am longing to read.

Inception is on the top of my list. I wouldn't even try, least of all begin to give my ratings on this, as the movie reviews and all had already speak for itself. All I could say in my most humble opinion is that this movie totally rocks! The effects are so astounding and even scary that I even thank God I didn't have money to watch this in 3D otherwise I would have collapsed with impossibility of what my eyes would see. Or most possibly, I even thank God that the movie is really just fictional, else, there could be a lot of people who will never sleep anymore! The movie itself is a dream. 
It wouldn't really hurt for us to have some sort of a TOTEM with us, so that we can separate the dreams from the realities of life. It is OK to dream... for as long as you know when to wake up.

The next pleasure I indulged in was reading my COSMO mags from Philippines. September and December Editions.. both are pasalubong by Mommy Michelle, when she went home for vacation. I just got the time to read. I always love Cosmopolitan magazines, but I love the Philippine Edition the most because it makes me feel close to home. It tackles issues that concerns sentiments of the Filipinas, in a way that is just "swak" to the taste of Pinays given the culture and all.

And of course, apart from the soup that I almost swam on.. simple pleasure is not a great pleasure without my Caramel Popcorn. God bless Oishi for making this, and God bless the one who brought this to Dubai... A piece of heaven in 1.95 AED!

And yes, I took that picture on top of the washing machine because the reality is, sick or no sick, I still need to wash my clothes because no body will do that for me here in Dubai!


Speaking of reality again, i got to go.... I have duty at 7pm to 2am..and yeah... that sucks..BIGTIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment