Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

the Piece of Heaven on Earth..

Everytime one of my colleagues go to their own countries for a quick visit, I always asked them to bring me their local sweets as their PASALUBONG to me... =) 

Some of them really finds it amusing that I would request for  sweets rather than something tangible as a souvenir.  Let's put it this way, i just want to have a piece of heaven in every part of the world and what could be the best way of indulging yourself on this whim but to feed your "sweet tooth's" desires... here are some of my favorites:


Persian/Iranian cream-filled pastry




Egyptian Basboussa from Noufi



Of course UAE's Fresh Bakalava- melts in the mouth. I read an article before that these are one of Ruffa G.'s fave desserts




Qatar's Chocolate Covered- HAZEL NUT from Nouf... she always gives me a bag of these everytime she goes to Doha...



Bharti introduce this to me and it was a love at first bite! India's Kalju kalti



Oman's Version of our BUKAYO.. hehehehe from AHMAD


Omani's Traditional Halwa... taste like Philippines' KALAMAY.. ehehehee..but with a KICK!






And of course, who would ever leave these UAE's PATCHI chocolates??? Kris Aquino likes these a lot..




Hey guys....
any one of you going to JAPAN??

can you please get me one of these..

ROYCE CHOCOLATE


ROYCE WHITE


Pleaaaaseeeeeeeee??????





No comments:

Post a Comment