Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

the Quickie.. Part 1.

 After two years I haven't been home, I have finally went home on an emergency leave..

My mom is ill.. and only my relatives and closest friends knows that I have flown home to see my Inay.
It's too painful to discuss it here.. but I have a strong faith that by God's will Inay will be OK. I have already claimed her healing and I am holding on to that.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I have managed to take some random pictures of just about anything that hits my attention. Since have stayed in the hospital 90% of the time, the places that I have been to are limited to the views from the hospital windows and on places on the way to home from hospital and vice versa. Here it is..


THE AIRPORT
touch base at 4pm Manila Time...

THIRD WORLD...

The same path I am always so excited to take...

Immigration..Welcome Balikbayans!

Long Lines for OFW lane in Immigration.. few on TOURIST.. haaayy..

If you would visit Bangkok, Thailand... you  would notice that there are very few Thai in que to the THAI NATIONAL Lane.. Whereas for the TOURIST lane 10 out of 10 slots are always full of people in que. In our case, OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) lane is always full..meaning a lot of people are coming in from different parts of the Globe. Although I am also an OFW, and a proud one at that, I wish that time will come that, like Thai people, may we have few reasons to leave our own land. May the government find ways to help us sustain our needs without leaving the country and make us stay in the Philippines to be with our loved ones and be happy being just us... Filipinos!



 THE QUICK MEAL...

My brother Joi and cousins fetched me from the airport! First time it happened, so sad , it is always Inay and Tatay that I always first to see as I touch down Manila. Given the situation, I have been fetched by my BIG body guards... and when I say BIG.. I'm not exactly exaggerating.. here they are (minus my bro), this is my favorite photo of the GOONS! 

hahaha.. hey Guys! woot woot! Thanks for the trouble of fetching from and sending me to the airport as well. 'Til next time. (I treated them to Jollibee.. hehehee.. sorry guys no budget eh.. and I hope they enjoyed the meal though as much as I did.. )


As for myself i had a cravings for Tapsilog. On my way home one day, I dropped by TAPSI ni MOMSI point point (turo-turo). I had ordered these...



 At first I seriously thought that there was a dirt in my plate, when I saw it closely I was surprised it was the Tapa na pala! hahahaha... the servings of Food in Pinas is so small.. makes me feel like Gulliver eating in the world of Lilliputians! It was a great contrast in Arabic food servings, where a regular meal of rice and viand is enough to feed 3 people!


  

Anyways, since i paid only P38.00 for the Tapsi and P12.00 for the drinks.. that is roughly 5AED only..so it's not really that bad, I don't have the right to complain anymore. Never mind that it doesn't include water... the soup taste more like water ..with salt anyways! ewww... hahahahah

So ever wondered the first thing I did after I visited Inay at the hospital?  I ate green mangoes with lotsa lotsa bagoong at 2:00 am in the morning.!!



I had an immediate meeting with George Flush and Elizabeth Toilet right after! hahahahah

No comments:

Post a Comment