Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

the old souk..one more time!

i love old stuff...

everything that reminds me of the bygone era fascinates me beyond measure...

i don't know.. but somehow i believe that i had once lived in old old days.. all of us did, if re-incarnation is really true.

the old souk in Bur Dubai is one of my favorite place here in UAE..

i would trade a few hours in there than going to some of Dubai's towering malls and world class establishments..

here are some of the pictures i took during my "day tour"  across the creek.. 











i love running my hands through these textured walls...reminds me of my childhood days when we are playing taguan pung  (hide and seek game).. i'm the "TAYA" all the time. since i have always been the ..err.. healthiest among the rest...haahhaha... they could easily see me as i can't hide properly and can't run very fast.

so that would make me facing the wall counting one to ten... 95% of the whole freakin game!











 i like these lanterns... and these whole wood-work.. 




Photo credit: Reuters
my favorite stop-over is the candy stores that lined up in the souk. they sell chocolates per kilo. they will give you free taste if you like. and when naughtiness hits me.. i'm gonna run-away after the free taste.

don't worry Karma is digital nowadays.. I always go home with toothache and half a pound heavier at the end of the day.
-
-
-
-
So... how 'bout you my friend, what kind of old stuff makes you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment