Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

A DAY in HK (HK Diary Part 4)

Sept.17, 2009
129 Old Pun Chung St.
Tai Po, New Territories
Hongkong

I woke up early despite the fatigue got from the "pasyal-marathon"with ate Debbie last night. For a moment I couldn't really figure out where I was. The unfamiliar clock on the wall says it's already 8:45, I felt a sudden surge of panic! Darn.. I am late for work! Why didn't anyone bothered to wake me up?? Then the I remembered! I'm on a vacation, alright! The activity the other night flashed back! haaayyy.. I am so happy.

When I get up, the all the ladies in Ate Debbie's house (including her) had left for work. Ria was the only one I saw because her work in the shop starts later than the normal working hours in Hongkong. She offered me to have a coffee first, to which I was so happy to oblige.

The whole apartment was clean.. no single trash lying anywhere. The sink was empty of ucleaned dishes. Seems Ate Debbie is really a neat freak! hahahah.. Few minutes more and I was totally alone. I asked my self..Now what?? You want challenge.. then challenge I would have. I need to remember what ate Debbie told me about the MTR.. "get ticket going to Kowloon Tong, then take the Interchange train going to Mongkok and from there take the Argyle St." With that in mind, I took a shower and went out. I took a picture of Ate Debbie's gate, just in case I got lost there is something I could be able to with in finding my way back.

It's a good thing that HK MTR is so effective. I reached my destination without hassle at all. I had breakfast at KFC, chose not to be too adventurous in food at that moment coz first Im alone, If something doesnt agree well with my stomach, Im pretty sure that finding a rest room would took me ages, just like ordering a dimsum that took 30 min. due to LANGUAGE barrier! An upset stomach and a confused Chinese are the last things I want to deal with this time.
Mongkok was such a lovely and lively place. Buildings are almost covered with billboards and signage and although you couldn't understand most of it, the way they play with colors and stylehave given an ordinary market a sense of character and chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment