Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

The 32 Dollars 50 Cents HK TRIP... (HK Diary Part 2)

When I decided to avail this loooong (as said by Ate Jane) planned journey.. i was still half-hearted up to the last minute. Should I go or Should I not?.. It's now or never!

Although all the signs are there that I have to go (expiring ticket, my unused leave credit due for forfeiture), there are still so many reasons that are keeping me from leaving. First, there is the H1N1 scare. Secondly, there is an issue on the Travel Budget. And lastly, I feel guilty that I am leaving to see another country on my Vacation Leave and not visit my family in the Philippines. Well, for the latter, i have thousands of reasons for not going home and my family knows that and they supported me on it. After all, for the last 4 years that I have been working overseas, I never failed to go visit them twice each year. This time is my ME time and i had their blessings.

So, that sorted out the most important concerns, my family.

H1N1- I was thinking, I cannot stop what I WANT to do because the environment says so. If its my time to leave the EARTH, then it's my time, and I would leave whether I am ready or not, one way or another. be it H1N1 or otherwise! With this is mind..the score is 2-1, so far, so good!

Now here comes the most bloooody thing! My travel budget. Just the mention of the word B-U-D-G-E-T, is enough to give me NOSEBLEED! Everyone knows that every single penny we have in our pocket at this point in time has to be spent wisely. After making an accounting on my Wallet Statement... there were only 32 dollars and 5o sent left.

Now the question of the year is... how the heck would I be able to travel from Dubai to HongKong with nothing but 30 bucks to spare????

PAULO COELHO wrote in one his books "when you want something, all the universe conspire in helping you achieve it".

Well then.... HONGKONG... here I come..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment