Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

And the Adventure Begins..HK at Night (HK Diary Part 3)

Based on my research.. Hongkong can be subdivided into 4 major attractions : The HONGKONG Islands, Kowloon, New Territories, and the Outlying Islands. I decided to skip the first and the last and focused my "mini-tour" in Kowloon and New Territories.

( Remember: I need to stick to my 30-Dollar Budget. I am pressed for time as well because I need to take the Flight to Bangkok the next evening to meet a friend for a small business venture.)

I arrived in Hongkong at 17:21 local time. I exchanged my dollars to HK money and a got a total of more or less 220HK dollars. I called BELL (a friend's niece) to ask instruction on how to go to my arranged accommodation. Yes.. I didn't arranged for a Hotel. I opted for a "SHARED Accommodation" in the apartment owned by a kabayan, Ate Debbie, where I paid for only 35HK dollar for a 1-day,1 night stay.

From the airport, I took the E41 bus going to Tai Po RD. At the 2nd Station from the Tai Po boundary, Ate Debbie picked me up.
I stayed at #129 Old Pun Chung, Tai Po.(New Territories) The moment I saw Ate Debbie and her "angels" I know right away that I have made the right decision. They were so accommodating and more than happy to tell me the best place where I can buy good pasalubongs for my family and friends in Dubai. After some rest and few chats with the ladies at the boarding house, Ate Debbie decided to show me around the area. It's still weekdays and so all of them will still be working during my stay there. So nobody could be able to accompany me to where I want to go.

What supposed to be a "show-around"had become a pasyal na bonggang-bonga.. she probably thought that I'm kawawa =( ... because I will be left to fend for myself on a country I know nothing about. So she decided to bring me that night to Kowloon.

We took the MTR going to Tsim Tsa Chui. We passed along Nathan Road, the designer Shops, The Peninsula Hotel with its fabulous facade. We are going to the Harbour, it is where the famous Symphony of Lights is being played unfortunately when arrived the show is already over. But just the same, the myriad of lights is so fascinating. The camera couldn't give justice to it. I saw the famous "CLOCK TOWER"of Hongkong. We went to the Avenue of Stars where I had a chance to be hand-in-hand with Jackie Chan.. =).

Here are some pics I managed to take.. I am not very good with camera, coz when I travel I always chose to capture each moments more by heart.. less in lenses.


haaaayyyy... tomorrow will be another day..=).. laaavvettttt!

No comments:

Post a Comment