Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Ticket... (the HKG TRIP diary Part 1)



It has been quite a while since I last posted a blog..

I was so lazy to write about anything..mainly because there was nothing interesting for me to write about at all.

The last few days have given me a lot of reasons to blog again.. the reason..? I went on a short adventurous trip to Hong Kong! My family and the people close to me knows that traveling is my "FUEL". If you want me to keep going.. you should allow me once in a while to change environment and "recharge".

And so, the adventure began as soon as my 15-day Vacation Leave had been approved. After one and a half years of not going on a vacation I finally got my chance. Its not that I was not given a leave. I just didn't apply for one. Well, blame it to the credit crunch.

I have 2 unused FREE tickets. I decided to use my 3-band SERVICE RELATED CONCESSION ticket, giving me a slot for a 2 country destination of my choice. I have opted for the DUBAI-HONGKONG/HONGKONG-BANGKOK/BANGKOK DUBAI routing to maximize its use. It is a staff ticket, which means I will be waitlisted to all the flights. But it's ok, I have all the time in the world!!!

And so I started packing.. making sure I have with me my travel essentials.




When my travel will last for 5 days, I make sure I have these things in my Carry On bag:

1. Emirates Amenity Kit- small bottle of perfume, facial lotion, unscented hand lotion, towelette, toothpaste and brush.

2. liquid packs- In compliance with the LAGs (liquid, aerosol and gel) airport regulation, I have packed my LAGs in a clear plastic container for easy checking at the airport. I always carry, deodorant, 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner, alcogel.

3. The KIKAYs- I minimize my kikay items into 2 only when I travel. I seldom use make up when I go on a trip because my face is oily and prone to acne so I just carry a baby powder to freshen my face. I especially love the Chanel Lipstick (New York Red #60) and the red nail Polish that I bought in Bangkok (10 baht orP13 or 1 AED or 0.25usd!!!!) Wearing these two could give an instant boost to ones face... and personality as well.

4. Med Pills- my frequent travels have thought me to carry OTC pills like paracetamol, claritine, and Vitamin C. I usually get these 3 to beat fever i usually get when my body adjust to a new weather, claritine for first aid treatment on allergies.

When traveling I always makes sure also that I have my BOREDOM-BEATERS as well, like the MP3 which proves to be so helpful when the in-flight entertainment becomes boring. A pen and note book to record my thoughts during the entire trip. A pen is always a must in filling up the immigration forms being distributed on-board before disembarking.

With these stuff and a sense of adventure.. I am ready for my 30 Dollar-2 days-Travel to HKG..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment