Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

the old ones...

I got my laptop back!!

Oct. 14, my Tatay's Birthday was the first time I was able to turn on my laptop again.. after more than a year that it had been on a.. lets put it this way.. REHAB!!

Thanks to the kindness and patience of my flatmate "Bongerts" who helped me get my laptop "running" again! Everything was done for FREE! yIPEeee!

I got a bit sad because all the old pics stored in my laptop were never recovered. You know.. memories of people.. places.. events from way back six years . All had gone KAPUT!

I consoled my self to the though that , everything happens for a reason. Maybe its better that way, some things are better left forgotten. They say the best things in life that you need to keep are those being stored in the heart and in the mind. So somehow, the best things will still remain.

As I go through my mobile pics, i saw this old images I took and would like to remember. Just wanna share it here in my blog site as some sort of a "back up plan". Should (heaven forbid!!) my laptop decided to crash itself again, I could always open my blog and refresh my memories again.

so my next post would consist of random things I managed to capture from a year of laptop-less existence..




One night in the OLD SoUK..

Reaching there through ABRA.. a small boat like the Local used during the olden days.. the fare is cheap.. 1.50 AED or approximately 0.40usd, you can take bus as well but the ABRA experience adds to the trill!























some buildings are preserved, just renovated a bit to give a modern touch to it..






No comments:

Post a Comment