Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

the Road to....Hellport!

I have flown today..

Somewhere near ..yet so far...

Near because it is supposed to be a 2.5 hour flight..

But far, because since I am a "staff" traveling, I took it for freaking 6 hours! Including transfers and long walk in the transit airport!

Don't ask me why...but in those six hours.. all the following hassles are not yet included..

TRAFFIC IN MANILA

CONSTRUCT-SUMISYON!


It is so hard to take taxi from our place so I need to take two rides going to the airport all the time. FX from our house and Taxi from Katipunan to Airport.

I was so excited because I am traveling.. thus the hassles are more  tolerable. I left house early so that I won't be stressed much for the expected traffic ahead, but I got pissed of because of the taxi drivers I have encountered.

The first taxi I chose did not take me.. he said " Ma'm di ako pwede sa Airport, malayo eh!" I was about to retort.."eh ano nmn ngayon kung malayo???" , I mean, seriously, it's a public vehicle, you don't chose the destination of your passenger according to whatever suits you for as long as the passenger would pay.
The second taxi driver, refused again... he said he is wearing "slippers" and it won't be allowed in the airport vicinity. For the love of Christ! Uniform is supposed to be a uniform right? With shoes and all! Taxi Driving is a "trabahong marangal".. they should take pride in that. I mean you don't have to wear a Cole Haan shoes going to work. Anything that looks presentable would be fine.

I was really beyond words. If I were in Dubai it would be much more easier to deal with these things, I would just say  "GO..or I will call the police or RTA!" But I am not in Dubai, nor there is RTA here.. so whom shall I call? The police? You might as well just call the GHOSTBUSTERS!

The third one, did not say anything... he just fucking left!...by the time the fourth one came...I was too pissed off to care. My temper is running faster than all the taxi meters in the Metro combined. Standing there in the middle of a humid day in Katipunan with travel bag in one hand, laptop bag in the other and a body bag strapped in my then..stiff neck. I just practically barged in.. and in the tone that would brook no argument.. I said "I AM GOING TO THE (FUCKING) AIRPORT!!! so please take me there! NOW!"

The feat that you need to undergo going to the airport is enough to make you think twice before traveling. 


The sight of this stupid thing near along the road did not help in improving my mood. I don't know what this stupid "ART"  represent but for anyone who can see and ....think, this is a plain waste of Land, government money and effort! I can bet all my sandwich that this was a multi-million-peso budget! Please naman.. kung mangungurakot din lang kayo.. gandahan nyo na! It's bad enough that you waste people's money.. much worst is you give us eye sore with this "fugly" piece of so called ART.

I love the Philippines.. there is no question in that. I mean, this is my home and forever it shall be. 

Pero for Christ sake, UMAYOS naman kayo!



No comments:

Post a Comment