Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

the Insiders.... (what's in the bag?)


May 18, 2010


After BOK arrived from his vacation from the Philippines, my vacation leave commenced.

After making sure that all is well from the family in the Philippines, I decided to not to go home anymore and spend my vacation as a LOCAL leave. Meaning.... I'm gonna spend it here in Dubai.

My first day of vacation , I was having a FLU. My dearest friend Mela invited me to spend some of my vacation days in her place in Al Ain (one of the U.A.E's seven emirates)

So for the sake of "a-need-for-a-change-of-environment" alibi, I gave in.. whooooaaa!

Packing for travel has always been an exciting thing for to do. It reminds me of the better days (or my notorious days?) when I get to spend my 2-day OFF (or to the horror of my colleague, 24 hours-OFF) in Bangkok for a business/get-away purposes.

But apart from the clothes (which I limit to the day-wear & night wear only!) or to say in Tagalog, pambahay at pantulog lang, what are the other things i bring with me on a week's vacation? hmmmm...

In here, I have my:

  1. Diesel Cologne (good for summer, smell is unique, it has a hint of wood and a bit of vanilla for a lady, a breathe of change from the citrus and flowery types we usually sport during summer time.
  2. Black Giordano umbrella. BLACK is best here in Dubai, because given the scorching 48 degrees heat, your Pastel colored brellies would just melt in your head. It is a joke here in the UAE, that if you see a lady using umbrella in summer, she must be PINAY. Most of the ladies here are either used to the heat, or just wouldn't bother.
  3. EAT, PRAY and Love book... is said to be a must read for all the women.. single, married, double-sized? ..or simply complicated... (i think i fall in the last two categories)
  4. Oversized Sunnies
  5. Mints
  6. ID/Labor Card- you'll never know when you will be asked for one.
  7. NoL Card- its Dubai' transpo card. Like the Octopus Card of Hongkong, we have a multi purpose card that we can use in either the Metro or RTA bus
  8. Chanel Earrings- BOK's pasalubong from Hongkong

Air France have given US (the Team) this multi-purpose Sarong, i always make sure to bring this with me when ever i leave house for more than 2 days...




So what about you???? what fills your bag??

No comments:

Post a Comment