Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2009

SweeT Tooth.. The Revised Edition

I am writing this blog as a re- action to the reactions I had received from some of my “readers” (huh… feeling!) about my recent entry with the same title as the above.
My entry about the “sweet tooth” is not about the chocolate, it’s not about the “sale” (I have always believed that doing advertising nor convincing people about anything is not one of my talents, if there is any!), it’s not about what we had for desert and it’s definitely NOT about Jeff’s TOOTH!

What I have written between and behind the lines in that article (kumusta naman! Article daw oh!) reflect the current situation that the people nowadays are experiencing and I am one of those people. Do we really need to wait for a sale in order to buy the food or the things that we want? Does a commodity need to be near its expiry before it could be affordable to the current buying masses? Whether we admit it or not, the people’s purchasing power nowadays had considerably declined.

Few years ago during my “pre-loan and pre-credit card” days, whenever I buy my groceries, (which was often!), I never looked at the price of anything that I was buying. I put in the cart everything that I need and anything that I “thought” I need regardless of how much it cost. I was never “budget” conscious. If it’s something I like, I buy. It was something about me that I am not really proud of. I was never good in handling my finances. I am generous to my self and to the people around me. I never know a thing about saving and now that the global crisis hit the world, i was caught unprepared.

I was generous.. to a fault.. and now I’m paying for it..ALONE!

Global crisis had made a dramatic impact to people’s lifestyle. It forces us to live within our means and make the best of what was left from the “good ol’days”. While it is true that there is no use crying over a spilt milk, it’s never too late to learn and get up from a certain collapse,sure it may not be the easiest thing to do, but it always pays.

So… how’s your “sweet tooth” ??

No comments:

Post a Comment