Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

The Corner

I want to share my little "corner" that i call my HOME in Dubai.. It is literally the corner of the room I am sharing with my brother and his girlfriend.

Everytime we shift house (which was often!)
I always request my bed to be situated near the window where i can have a view of the world outside. Whenever I go home tired from work (which was always).. looking out at the window or looking out from the balcony was a great way of de-stressing for me.

In my bed was the breakfast-in-bed-table converted to laptop holder, underneath it I used to stock my un-read magazines for quick reading before going to bed. I read fashion magazines to keep me updated to the latest trends in fashion. (I travel to Bangkok and some other asian countries when I have the oppurtunity to take leave from work, for a small "business-on-the side". I maintain the MARS'SHOP.. my On-line shop!) That explains why , i have my manequin-hanger in the picture! hehehehe.) It's my business partner and a lifetime "model" for all the stuff that i post online. Although the items I was able to post there were mostly remaining stocks, because modesty aside the items i bought with me sells like hot cakes and almost gone even before it hit the cyber! hehehehe...

Back to the topic, the few things i cant live without these days are:

1. Laptop
2. Magazines
3.Sony Camera (borrowed from Girlie, I dont own one)
4. My Virgin Atlantic Mug!
(prize won for ACT & Acknowledge award)
5.Black Coffee (free-flowing preferably)
6. Journal (used to jot down thoughts whenever i'm outside home or on travel)
7.Lamp Shade (for reading!)
8. Calculator ( for accurate debit and credit!)

I guess the global financial crisis somehow forces people to live with the "basics" nowadays. Staying at home, surfing the net and still be informed with up-to-date events are, IMO the cheapest ways to relax one's self.

How 'bout u?? What's keeping u cool these days??

No comments:

Post a Comment