Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the adventures of BOK (part 4)

Bok asked me where's the best place to stay in HK..

I advice him to skip the hotel and ask Dons to look for a dorm..
it is not only practical.. its an enriching experience as well.

From experience, I have known that when you travel alone and on a limited time, you rarely stay at the hotel. Of course the purpose of the trip is to go out and see things. But more than that, you also try to learn and blend with the people. Discover things from their daily living.. adopt the good sides and learn from the flawed ones.

If you are taking a dorm, 2 requirements are always non-negotiable... clean bed.. and clean toilet (at the very least). If there is one thing I' m so proud to brag about the Pinoys, itwould be about their passion in running a clean household.

Dons had been such a help. She was able to get BOK, the place that we were looking for:
Bok stayed in one of the apartments inside this building... I don't know what if it has something to do with tradition or simply to ensure the security , but almost all the house/apartment in HK has dual doors.. above pic shows the first one.... and ..yes this is.. the second... =)


I don't know if it is because of the 8-hour trip, one stop-over, jetlag and the bottles of wines taken on the plane, but I found this in his cam. A picture of him taken inside the dorm's rest room.... what caught my attention was not his image.. but these "interesting note" posted on the toilet wall...

ME: what does this poster says???

BOK : "HAYOP KA! wag kang tumungtong sa kubeta!

(hahahahahahahahahah..... I died!)


One thing is for sure though.. the dorm DOES have... a clean toilet!

No comments:

Post a Comment